It’s a no brainer that we are all living in the age of information. We consume content throughout the day, right from the time we wake up until the time we sleep. Of late, there has been a sudden change in the way we consume information, a revolutionary change we owe to smart speakers. A very simple reason for adapting to such a medium is its high efficiency in saving time.
Tech giants are investing millions for the development of these smart speakers and voice assistants such as Siri, Bixby, Google duplex, Amazon echo, etc. They believe that this could shape the consumer behaviour with respect to purchasing and consuming information.
More than 50 percent of the smart speaker owners conduct voice search on a daily basis. Most of the searches they make is regarding local businesses, on the go.
This is a nightmare if you are a SEO specialist, because you don’t know what the future has in store for you. Content marketers have always been facing the challenge of optimizing content for each platform. If you are wondering how to optimize your content for every voice search we may have some tips for you.
- Since users use long phrases to talk to their assistants, content writers should also mimic this by using long tail keywords for your blogs.
- The smart speakers are seen as a friend and users talk to it in an informal way. So it’s important to adapt a writing style that is informal to give a personality to the article.
- A FAQ section can be created for your site. And the questions can be framed and written in a way that mimic’s the local user. This might help your business get a better ranking in your locality.
- The searches conducted on the smart speakers are highly specific and it is conducted when they are multitasking. So it’s necessary to be precise in the content that you write.
- 80 percent of the voice searches are made inside the car and almost everyone is asking their assistant to navigate them. The local business owners should make sure that their store accurately shown in the map.
- Interestingly the users rely solely on the voice assistance to buy a product i.e they do not conduct any research for analysing the cost or quality. The assistant makes a purchase based on the reviews the business has. Make sure the business gives the consumer an option to review it.
- 46 percent of the bookings in restaurants are done by voice assistants. If you are an owner of a saloon or a restaurant it is necessary to train your staff to talk with voice assistant to prevent chaos. If you think this is a little far fetched you might be out of the market in no time.
Marketers can no longer adhere to their traditional methods of marketing. Certainly there will be a decline in the success rate from the traditional platforms. Voice search has made a drastic change in the marketing industry and has also opened new opportunities for local businesses.